QLD | Vicki Smith | SU Qld
Children’s Ministry Specialist
Possibilities: SUPA Club -Scripture Union Primary Aged Club • Games for children’s ministry •
Scripture Union Queensland is a Christian not-for-profit with a heart for youth and children.
We are the largest provider of school chaplains in Australia, and each chaplain is uniquely placed to support our children and young people as they navigate life’s increasingly complex issues.
We run camps, community outreach events and At-Risk Youth programs, and offer nationally recognised training programs in youth work at both Certificate IV and Diploma levels.
• Vicki Smith has worked in a wide range of areas including Primary Schools, Childcare Centers, Personal Training and Life Coaching before joining the team with Scripture Union Qld. Working mainly with a Primary School focus, Vicki trains and resources Primary School Chaplains, Volunteers in state schools and with church volunteers in children’s ministry. Vicki is married to Mike and together they have two amazing children.
• At SU QLD, our VISION is to see each child and young person connected and supported in community, serving others, and experiencing fullness of life. Our MISSION is to bring God’s love, hope and good news to children and young people. In all that we do, we seek to uphold our core VALUES: respect; stewardship; discovery; that children and young people matter; and that we work together to positively influence children’s lives.
• School Ministry Programs
SUPA Club -Scripture Union Primary Aged Club
SUPA (SU Primary Age) clubs are voluntary Christian clubs, designed for children in upper Primary School. These clubs are run seperate from the school chaplaincy program and with appropriate school consent. The aim of a SUPA club is to provide an opportunity for children who wish to explore the Bible in a fun, interactive and age appropriate way. SUPA clubs also provide children with a place to build supportive friendships and learn important skills to assist them in their social development.
• Games with Primary Aged Children
Games for children’s ministry
Coming up with new games and ideas whilst having a strategy of;
- Forming – a new group
- Storming- getting through that uncomfortable stage of personality clashes,attention getting, participation,
- Norming- getting the group to a stable stage AND
- Performing – really getting somewhere with the group.
How to get your children exploring their faith journey in a group setting.
Look forward to hearing from you and your team soon!
Post date: 23/02/2015 • Post Author: Vicki Smith
We would love it if you could use/adapt one of the following options to reference our ‘Find a trainer/presenter/artist’ web page &/or cmm.org.au website in your eNewsletter or website:
Find a Resource Person (trainer/presenter/artist) for children’s &/or families ministry contexts in Australia.
View or post online with Children’s Ministry Network … cmn.org.au
Discover Children’s Ministry Network cmm.org.au
Resourcing Australian children and families ministry, promoting:
Networking ~ Connecting ~ Events ~ Positions vacant ~ Resources
Resource people (trainers/presenters/artists) ~ & more!