Our vision statement
We are a Christ-Jesus directed, active, energised, statewide network of people with shared vision for effective ministry with children that sees children become passionate and effective disciples of Jesus NOW.
We began in 1994 when Scripture Union called together a cross section of denominational and parachurch ministries to organise ecumenical training days in Sydney. ‘Festival ’96’ with Franklin Graham was the catalyst for including more ministries and children’s pastors and training days expanded to some country areas.
The network seeks to respond to the needs of its members and also to the needs of the churches and children of NSW.
We are part of the Australian Children’s Ministry Network.
In 2015 we have over 70 members who:
- co-ordinate the children’s ministry in their denomination
- pastor children in a local church setting
- represent a parachurch organisation that ministers to children and/or children’s workers by
- providing Bibles, training, evangelistic speakers, advocacy, teaching resources, compassionate aid
- lead strategic global organisations which aim to give every child on earth the chance to hear the gospel and be discipled. Examples are: Global Children’s Forum, Lausanne Convention, 4/14 Movement
We meet once a term in various locations around Sydney.
We support each other by:
- hearing each others’ hearts
- praying for one another
- discussing current trends and issues as they impact upon our churches, families, children and ministries
- sharing resources, stories, DVDs, curriculum, speakers, games etc
- providing information about events
- providing workshop speakers for the annual Kidsreach Conference in February each year
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join us or have more information.